what is your reaction to what you just saw?

I found this ride to be much more entertaining and engaging than the Orlando version I have been on. It used a lot more projection mapping not only on big screens but on some of the animatronics too, which made for a cool surprise reveal of jack sparrow. Stylistically it was also very engaging for the audience, it seemed like there was always something to look at. I could see myself riding this ride multiple times and finding new easter eggs each ride through. This ride was completely different from the Orlando one with a different narrative, however they did manage to make connections to the original.

How were you able to connect?

As I stated previously I could connect to this ride because of the one I have experienced in Orlando. There were parts that felt familiar to me, such as the prisoners whistling at the dog. Although this part was a homage to the original details did change to make it feel new, such as the dog skeleton as opposed to a living dog outside the cell. I also connected to the single drop in the ride, however in this one it came at the end as opposed to the beginning. In short i connected to the over arching theme of the ride since it is similar to the one have been on in the past.

What changes would you make to adapt this into another medium, what changes would you make?

I honestly do not feel the need to change this into another medium. However if you really wanted to maybe making this ride a VR experience could be cool. You could sit on a boat and go through the ride but save on building the full interior of the ride. This would allow for a 4D experience, where you could feel and hear the ride while being immersed in the world through a VR headset. This would allow for the rider to feel as if they were truly a pirate floating along in this narrative.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Park Proposal: Sarah Zimmer, Sam Kelly, Maggie Shang